Ok, guilt is setting in. I was an avid instigator the Hancock Herald going Blog, but have been terrible about writing monthly. I justified my laziness by thinking you could just click on the link to our family blog. However, I've been pretty bad about posting there. AND I don't think I've added a picture since we got the new camera. It's all the 8 GBs fault. You don't have to clear your SD card as often when you've got 8GBs.
There. Now you've heard all my excuses. Wait, I have a few more. Secretly, I was waiting for Chad's fingers to get busy on the blog (hear the crickets chirping in the distance?). My final excuse is a doozy. We decided to move. Been a little bit busy and crazy around our house (and frankly, in our heads!).
Here's the scoop: The thought of moving has been a frequent topic at our house for the last 3 or so years. Chad has long wanted to move closer to work. We've been building a long list of pros and cons over the years. We were very comfortable in our house, loved our neighbors, loved our ward, loved our elementary school, etc. However, we had many reservations about living in this specific area as our kids got older. For years, we have prayed about what to do, when to move, but had not felt impressed to do anything yet.
Long story short: The end of January, we took a leap of faith (for Julie). We went through a "for sale" house nearby Chad's work. It felt like home. We made an offer, it was accepted. We took 2 weeks, got our house ready to sell, put it on the market, and had an offer in 2 days. Things like this don't happen in this market. I'm leaving out a lot of agony, tears, fasting, praying, little blessings from heaven, etc of this decision. We've had a few bumps along the way, but have felt Heaven's hand in helping us through it all. For whatever reason in the long run, we feel that this move is what our family needs to do right now. The buying/selling of this process has been a huge blessing from heaven. However, the emotional toll on many of us has been hard. Lots of tears.
As the moving date gets closer, we are feeling excited for a new house. We are sad to be moving farther from friends. However, it's only 6 miles away. If only it took 6 minutes to travel... (it's usually 15-20 minutes...at non-rush hour times)
We will be moving on March 30th. The kids will be able to finish the school year at their "old" school. We'll send our our new address info through email.
On other notes, Trevor turned 12 this week. He was ordained a deacon today in church. Hard to believe he is THAT old. My how time flies! Course that means Kira is 16 (gulp!!)
Hope you are all doing well. We love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment