Jason was driving me to work a couple of weeks ago when they announced a contest on KATY radio (one of our local radio stations) for a whale-watching trip. The theme of this contest was children's books that were made into movies. Jason, with his super quick fingers and KATY radio's phone number memorized, dialed the station. I laughed and asked him if he really thought he'd know the answers, and he said, "no, but my wife would know" and tossed me the phone (for which I was grateful because he was driving and shouldn't have been on the phone anyway). I listened to the phone ring knowing there was very little chance that they'd actually pick up and tell me I was to participate in the contest, when suddenly I'm hearing, "Hi, this is Bob Madden from KATY, what's your name?" Goodness! He picked up! I responded Brittany, and he proceeded to welcome me and explain the rules of the contest. I was up against another listener. Bob would give three clues about children's books that got made into movies and we were to shout our name when we knew the answer. Just for fun I'll post the clues he gave so you can see if you would have gotten them:
1) This book starred a monkey and a man with a yellow hat.
2) This book follows four children and their adventures through a wardrobe.
3) This book's main character is Percy Jackson.
Ready for the answers? They are, respectively: Curious George; Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe; and The Lightening Thief (which was made into the movie Percy Jackson and the Olympians). I got the first two for the win, and then answered the third one just for fun. =) SO, this past Saturday we headed out to Dana Point for our free whale-watching trip. Here are a couple of the pictures we took:





The pictures from top to bottom are: the boat we went out on, bottle-nose dolphins (we saw about 6), Jason in the foreground and the coast in the background, common dolphins (we ran into a mega pod of about 400), and us on the boat. We never actually saw any whales... maybe we'll just call it our dolphin watching trip. =P
Yesterday Jason and I got invited to a Ducks game by a friend who has season passes. That was also fun. The Ducks played a good game (which isn't always the case, especially since the Olympics) and won 4 to 2. Go Ducks! I'd give more information but that's my husband's area of expertise. =P
Everything else is the same as always. Work, school, church, Jason's cooking... Oh! I did clean the fish tank. You can actually see the fish now... But yeah. Everything else is the same as always. We love and miss you all!
Britt and Jason
No comments:
Post a Comment