Christmas was absolutely WONDERFUL. =) We spent this Christmas with Jason's side of the family, and it was really fun for me to get to know all the extended family. They are an interesting group. =P We were given a sandwich maker like the one Grandma and Grandpa always used to make us cousins grilled cheese sandwiches as kids, which was super exciting. I'd always thought that sandwich maker was one of Grandma and Grandpa's coolest gadgets, and swore I'd have one someday. =)
Now for my extra-super-exciting news... Jason got me a piano!!! =D !!! It was a complete surprise. Jason and I set a twenty dollar budget for each other to spend on each other this Christmas, so I was completely speechless when I went to turn off the outside Christmas lights (the switch is in the garage) and found a piano sitting there with a bow on it. Though the garage was dim, Jason managed to catch my reaction on camera>

I'll admit I cried. As you all know music has always been a very important part of my life, and the piano especially. I'd been playing on a shaky keyboard that didn't have all the keys (for which I was grateful - it was better than nothing at all - but there's just no denying that it is NOT the same as a real piano) for the past eight months. This piano is a Starck 1921 stand-up grand>

So how did Jason pull off this extraordinary gift? He posted a "Wanted" add on Craig's list for, "a piano for my wife's first Christmas." An older couple in Long Beach (about two hours west of where we live) responded and told Jason he could have the piano for free if he would come and pick it up. One day, Jason went over to his brother's house to baby-sit our nephew. He was going to be back in time for me to leave for work originally, but then something came up (I assumed with his brother's doctor's appointment taking too long) and my mother-in-law had to drive me to work that day. Little did I know that Jason's brother and dad were actually on their way to Long Beach in my father-in-law's truck to haul the piano away and hide it in the garage (which we use for storage, rather than for cars, so it was pretty much guaranteed I wouldn't be in there for the next few days).
I am so blessed to have a husband who is so keenly aware of those things that make my heart happy. Piano is a part of me. And he recognized that and worked to make a piano happen. I am also truly grateful to have in-laws I can not only tolerate (which is more than some of my friends can say) but love! =)
We had a wonderful first Christmas together and are sure Kaylie and LJ did as well (keep us posted! =). We hope all of you enjoyed your not-so-first Christmases (each one gets better-right?). We love you, are thinking of you, and would love to see more blog posts soon!
Love,
Brittany and Jason
No comments:
Post a Comment