Sunday, August 30, 2009
Summer is almost gone. Let the busy season begin.
August was just as busy as the rest of the summer. The month started out with Kira having soccer try-outs and debate on the same week. Debate was at Bingham high. I went there twice a day. In that week I put over a 1000 miles on my car. Because dummy me let Kira split the difference and make it to debate in the morning and then took her to soccer in the afternoon. That week Elijah was going to go and hike devils peak. Terry came home that week early. Kira was really tired and had a tournament on Saturday. Elijah came home early due to weather and it was a good thing to because I was really missing him. The the phone call that I got from him did send me in a panic. I also think that Elijah would have gotten very mad at some of his fellow campers for some bad attitudes. It was a really dry week. Though on an exciting note we were stopped in traffic jam were just minutes before there was a shoot-out. Good thing we stopped to get food. The other 2 weeks were spent getting ready for school. I had to resister the 2 older kids boy that was expensive. School shopping for school stuff. This year is Noah's first year of school. He is very excited about it. I had to get ready to coach Noah's and Isabelle's soccer team. Somewhere in between there Kaylie called to tell us that she was engaged. Isabelle and Noah had to very funny things to I thought to say on that matter. When I told Isabelle and Noah, Isabelle said she put her hand on her head and said oh man you mean she gets a pretty dress and a ring and can gets babies now. When is it going to be my turn. Kira and I just laughed. Noah asked what LJ looked like I told him that he kinda looked like him. Noah's response to this was she sure must love me lots huh mom. I laughed and said yes she does. Noah is the star of having funny things to say. Noah had to have an assessment test done before school. I didn't think that I would have to tell him how the test works. 1st mistake. He went in to the test with flying colors. The teacher asked him his colors, numbers, and how to write his name. He did just fine on these. Now here comes the tricky part. She asked him what this shape was. He told here it was a box. She asked if there was another name for it he said no it's a box. She then asked him what other shapes were. To which he answered ( I don't know why this is yellow) that's an oval and duh that's a diamond I learned that in pre-school. Now here is my 2nd mistake I forgot to tell him to try and be respectful to his teacher. She continued to ask him about the shapes and he got the rest right. She got back to the box and he said I already told you it was a box. Then she said it has another name what is it. Well I guess it could be a cube but a cube and a box are the same. Is there any other name for it she asked him. Then he asked her what she would call it. So then he said I guess if you really wanted to you could call it a square. Well they went on to ask him more question like where is the front of the book and back of the book. Then she read him the first page of the book and asked if he were reading the book where would he start from he turned it to the second page and pointed to the top of the page. The teacher then put the book back to the beginning and asked him the same question. He again turned the page and pointed to the beginning. He failed this part of the test. They said he didn't know where to start on a book. Noah's thinking was they had just read the first page so it was time to read the next one. Made sense to me. So the teacher had come to tell me how the test went. She said that he did really well in the beginning but toward the end he didn't. Maybe he was just getting tired. Well during this time Aaron's 5th grade teacher Mrs. Jacobson came and told me that she would take any of my kids. After this I was talking to Noah about his test. He then told me he thought that he needed to go to Mrs. Jacobson's class. I said but she is a 5th grade teacher. He then asked me if they were really kindergarten teachers. I said yes they were. He said are you sure they are. I assured him that they were. I asked why he thought he should be going to 5th grade. He processed to tell me he doesn't think they are because he had to tell them all the answers to the test. They didn't know any of them! So how could they be teachers. That is also why he stopped answering the questions. 3rd mistake I laughed at this. Which kinds of made him mad. I had to explain that he was taking a test and they were trying to find out what he knew. Then it made some sense to him. He still questions his teacher about things though. I did think that it was funny. Terry was able to be here on the 1st day of school which was great. Kira and Elijah nor was Aaron looking forward to me walking them to class and the taking of the pictures. Terry told them to just grin and bare it they couldn't stop it. I must admit that I did cry. I always do one the first day of school. We went to dinner. It was Noah's choice and he chose Olive Garden. He was so excited about it. I think that he had a great time. Though I do think that he should have gone to Red Lobster. He kept on asking for everybodys shrimp. Noah didn't have to start school until Thursday. Well, when it came time for me to walk him to school he informed me that he didn't want me to walk me to school and he didn't want me to walk him to class. I had to tell him that I walked the 10th, 8th , and 6th grader to their class and school I'm going to walk him. He can have Aaron do it all the other times. Well, now he wants me to do all the time. Kira and Audrey's schools played each other in pre season soccer games. We won. It was the first win for Stansbury High ever. Their game ball was signed by all the players and it is now in the trophy case. This is all for now. Terry, Pauline, Kira, Elijah, Aaron, Noah, and Isabelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, I just love Noah! Thanks for the good laugh. Good to hear from you guys!
ReplyDelete