Hi Everyone, I'm not sure what I'm doing, but here goes. We have had a wonderful July. It hasn't been too hot, and we've been able to see most of the family. It was really fun to get together over the fourth. We are surely glad Chad's and Darrin's family were able to come and celebrate with us. We were only missing Mike's family, but we get to see them in August, so we're happy.
We had fun going to the temple open house for the new Oquirrh Mountain temple. It was really beautiful. A special thing happened when we went into the sealing room. They have everyone come in and sit down, and then they explain the purpose of the room. It just so happened that only our family was there. It was awesome to look around and see all the children and grandchildren, and realize that we have all been sealed together as a family. How blessed we are!
Lagoon was fun. We enjoy seeing everyone riding rides and having a good time. Dad and I rode the Bumper Cars with some of the grandkids. They were amazed that we, especially Grandma, could drive them. I crashed into some of them pretty good too. It was really fun.
Thank you all for the nice dinner on my birthday. I normally don't like my birthday (I don't like getting older), but it was fun to all go out together as adults. I felt really proud of my family.
Dad and I are keeping busy with the Cub Scouts. We had a family summer picnic for our July pack meeting. We roasted hot dogs up at the Wigwam, and had watermelon and corn on the cob. I think everyone had a great time. We are going to take a vacation during August from Cub Scouts. We will start up again in September. Thank goodness for the vacation! We're worn out.
We did it again. Dad and I got up early at 4:30am on July 24th to drive into SLC to get us a spot for the parade. It is getting harder and harder to find spots in the shade. We were lucky and found one. The only problem was the concrete. We didn't have any grass. I think everyone had a good time anyway. The parade was really nice as usual. We came back to Tooele for lunch and then had hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner. The kids played in the water and had water balloon fights. That is the way to keep cool.
We love all of you and hope all is well. I hope you all take a few minutes and keep us posted on the blog. Love Mom and Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment