First, Congratulations Brittany on your engagement!!! I love the pictures of you and Stuart - you look happy deep down to your soul. I'm so happy for you both! I will see you in January... YAY! =D
It's been busy over the last couple of months. Shortly after the reunion (which was awesome, by the way - we loved seeing everyone!) I began my fall semester. I chose to take two of my classes as short-term classes so my holidays wouldn't get over-run with homework. While I am happy with that decision, those 8 weeks were filled with twice as much homework as usual, and Jason and I are BOTH glad that they are over. I am happy to report that I got A's in both classes. One of my professors even posted: "All in all most of you did well: Brittany Paine took high mark for the course--good job!!!" That made me feel like the hours I spent on my assignments were justified.
Throughout the school madness I also tried to keep up with my training for the run on October 21-22 that Jason and I happily signed up for again - Ragnar Relay, Las Vegas. We didn't train last year, and we walked funny for a week after returning home. We wanted to contribute better mile times to our team this year AND do the run with less discomfort during and after the race, so we actually started training at the beginning of the summer this time. Jason ran his 15.7 miles with an average mile pace of 7min 06sec, and I managed to run my 11.8 miles with an average mile pace of 8min 45sec, a HUGE improvement from last year's 10min+ mile pace! =) We had an awesome team, once again, and had a blast! Here's this year's team video so you can get an insider's look at what we did:
RAGNAR RELAY - LAS VEGAS 2011 from Ryan Southwell on Vimeo.
We plan on doing the Ragnar Relay again next year. =)
Shortly after the Ragnar, Jason started his fall semester. His class is once a week on Thursday for four hours and goes until mid-December, when my last class finishes up as well. Jason realized just this week that this class means he will be missing Thursday-night football for the rest of the year, and he is disappointed, but he'll stick it out anyway. ;-)
Work has been going well for both of us. Jason's on a work trip in Sacramento for a convention right now, and I have my very first piano recital coming up on December 3 for my 14 piano students.
Jason is still the Elder's Quorum Secretary and is trying to come up with ideas for the next EQ activity (the Fantasy Football thing was a hit). I'm wrapping up the year in Primary with my Primary kids who are now all 8 years old. The last one is getting baptized the second Saturday in December. I am so proud of them. I have really grown to love these kids. I had this same class when they were CTR 5's-turning-6, so I've gotten to know them really well over 2 years.
I am thankful for grandma and grandpa's example to us as they serve a mission. I know our family will be richly blessed by their service. I was indecisive about what to put as my favorite hymn at the reunion, so I never wrote anything, but I will say now that my favorite hymn is "I Know That My Redeemer Lives." When I sing the words I feel as if I am singing my own personal testimony.
Love and Hugs!
Brittany and Jason
No comments:
Post a Comment