Saturday, March 5, 2011

Darrin’s fam

Well, everyone seems to posting, so we will follow suit!

Things here have been busy. 

Luke is getting to be so big.  He loves to play with his brothers and is excited to go to preschool in the fall.  He loves to go to nursery, and I’m told is the most well behaved kid in the class Smile  He’s starting to learn his letters and loves looking for the letter “L” all over the place.  He still loves his milk and his sippy cup and would live off of only milk if we let him.  He really starting to like playing with his friends as this past week he had two playdates and loved playing with kids his own age.  He hates getting haircuts as he is screaming right now because Darrin’s barber shop is open, and it’s his turn.

Andrew just started Taekwondo a month ago and this week he graduated from a white belt to a white with a yellow stripe.  He got to break his first board which he thought was AWESOME!  Check out our blog for the video.  It was at that moment that Josh wished he was in Taekwondo too.  But for now I’m hoping to just keep that Andrew’s thing.  We registered Andrew for kindergarten yesterday.  He’s very ready as he will be 6 in September.  This year our school did all day kindergarten and I’m afraid next year they are going to switch back to half day…just my luck.  Andrew is getting to be quite independent which is nice…sometimes.  He will climb up on the counters and get whatever he needs including gum, cups, candy, etc…  If he wants to paint, he will get everything out and paint.  He especially takes advantage of this when I’m on the phone. 

Josh is almost 7.  His b-day is in 12 days.  He really wants a green fish for his b-day, so we’ll see if that happens.  Josh started piano lessons a month ago.  He really likes it, I think.  He’s learning to play by ear and play duets with his teacher.  His first piano recital is coming up on the 19th.  He really loving reading and stays up late in his bed reading.  He, too, has been having growing pains and complains about them every night.  I’m hoping they stop soon like Noah’s did.  He’s also had trouble sleeping…won’t go to bed at night and lays in bed for hours…sounds like his dad, right?? Any advice is welcome.

Kim is busy, busy.  I signed up for a new BYU Independent study class.  I passed my last one with flying colors Smile  This one I’m taking is family finance.  It’s math and it’s harder.  I’m not a fan of math.  I got put back in YW a couple months ago.  I’m the secretary and like it a lot.  It’ll give me a good year break from scouts before we have to start scouts in our own family.  I was thinking this will be our last summer without summer camp for a long time!  I’m also trying to sew a few things this month and read few good books…there just isn’t enough time in a day for everything I want to do.

Darrin is busy with work and church.  He gets to take his sabbatical this summer, so we are having fun planning that.  I finally talked him into going on a cruise so we’ll be doing that in August.  Darrin went skiing last weekend up on Mt. Hood.  I think he’s finally walking normal…he was very sore Smile  He’s looking to go one more time before the season ends.  Darrin won tickets for STOMP through work so we’ll be going to see them next Friday.  I’m really excited! 

Well, that’s a pretty good update. 

Love and miss you all!

love,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment