Friday, November 12, 2010

Update from P-town

Hi Family!

Well, I guess our biggest news for the last couple months is the gender of our baby. And it's a BOY. We had our appointment on the 10th of November. Back in September we had had an ultra-sound, and when LJ and I saw the baby for the first time, we both immediately thought it was a boy. We both doubted a little bit as the 20-week appointment drew closer, but it definitely wasn't a surprise when it turned out that we were right. That didn't keep LJ from jumping out of his seat when he heard the news, though. :) We are both so excited to meet this little boy.

The ultra-sound was so fun. 4D imaging is such cool technology-- we could see his face in awesome detail, and it wasn't even creepy like I thought it would be. He was so cute. I loved every second of it. He is also very healthy, so far. They checked for all major birth defects, and he has about a 1% chance of being born with one. This was a huge relief for me, because let's just say I do NOT like my multi-vitamins very much, and I was terrified of giving my child spina bifida because I wasn't getting enough folic acid. Didn't happen. It's all good in this neighborhood so far.

From the looks of it, baby will have a hawaiian middle name, although the first name is giving us trouble. I guess we've got a few months to figure that one out.

Besides baby, though, our lives our busy-- but basically uneventful. We go to school, we go to work, we do homework, we eat, and then we do it again the next day. LJ is doing awesome in all of his classes, and I'm doing pretty well in mine (which is a relief, because I was terrified of the whole pregnancy thing during school). I'm taking it easy for the next three semesters (meaning minimal credit hours), after which I will graduate. LJ will probably graduate a semester after me, and then on to grad-school. Lately he's been looking at internships with the state department, mostly in foreign affairs. He's worried about figuring out what he wants to do, but I tell him he's got time.

Next week we'll celebrate our first anniversary. It's crazy that it's been a year. It's been an awesome year, too. We're poor, so no big time plans for us far as I know, but LJ does have some things planned.

We love our ward and our callings. We lucked out as far as married-student wards go. I absolutely adore the four 2-year-olds in my primary, and LJ is really liking his calling as ward mission leader.

Anyway, that's about it for us. We look forward to see everyone around the holidays. Love you all!


LJ, Kaylie, and Baby (BOY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment