Sunday, November 7, 2010

Tired and Retired

We look at the BLOG everyday, but we don't see much action. Dad and I/Grandpa and Grandma really enjoy reading about the happenings in your lives. Thank you to those who write.

September seemed like a long month because we were waiting for Dad's/Grandpa's retirement. The 29th finally came and now D/G is a free man. He can sleep in if I will let him, and he can do whatever he wants during the day. We have been getting up at 6:30 to go to the gym. We are trying to get healthy for our mission. I have to work harder than D/G does, because I'm in worse shape. I am getting stronger, and I can walk better. We are hoping to send in our mission papers so we can open them at the reunion. We think that would be cool.

We celebtated our anniversary by going to Cub Scout pack meeting. Actually, the week before we took a little trip to Yellowstone. It was really nice. We love Yellowstone. We always manage to go when it is cold, but that makes all the steam from the geysers look better.

In February I bought tickets for Lion King. It was really cool. It was so fun seeing the costumes. They were so awesome. I think I liked the giraffes the best. I was a little disappointed in the seats. They were supposed to be the best in the price range. I guess they don't know what the best means.

Mike was here for a few days recruiting for Intel. D/G was able to go to the football game with him and all the guys. They had a great time. Thanks Mike for spending time with us.

They had a open house for D/G on his retirement day. A lot of people came to wish him well. He even got presents. Some of the higher ups from Salt Lake even came out. It was really nice. His secretary made pillows with the family picture and pictures of some of the buildings. I think he felt a little sad, but he doesn't miss all the phone calls and complaints.

We really enjoyed having the family come for Conference Weekend. The following week we went to the BYU Homecoming Spectacular. It was a really cool program. One of the numbers was especially great. Jared's dance team performed. They wowed the audience. We spent a few days in Oregon. It was great seeing everyone there. They always feed us good and take good care of us. Afterwrd we drove out to the coast. The weather was excellent. We watched the sunset on the beach. It was really great. We also found hundreds of sand dollars and dead jelly fish (that was kind of gross). It was beautiful weather while we were there, but it started to rain when we started home. Thank you Oregon Hancock's for a fun time. We love all of you and hope all is well in your lives. Write on the BLOG if you get a chance. Love you forever. Mom,Dad/Grandma,Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment