Hi Family!
Well, I am officially 21 and am not sure what to do with myself. I guess the 21st birthday thing just isn't as big of a deal for people who don't drink. Maybe I'll go dancing. =) Jason made me two-layer triple chocolate cake with pudding in the middle and white frosting and TONS of sprinkles and "21" in red-hots (which I love) on the top. He was quite proud of the way it turned out. =) I got flowers and a balloon and the promise of a Disneyland trip in the near future (whenever we both have a day off in the middle of the week and the weather looks gloomy so there won't be long lines for the rides)... I'm excited!
We did a combination birthday/Valentine's Day dinner at Olive Garden (one of my most favorite restaurants EVER) and movie (Valentine's Day) on Saturday night, right in between those two most important of days. I'm pretty impressed that we managed to do anything at all, because Jason was working his tail off the whole weekend delivering flowers for a family friend who owns a flower shop (he works there about once a week, but Valentine's Day is HUGE so...).
I think the only other exciting news is that my work finally hired a third head cashier, so I'm back to working days!!! =) Management had been making do with two head cashiers by opening themselves and having us work in the evenings (3:45pm-midnight) four to five nights a week. This made for a long January because Jason (who works as a substitute teacher) would get off at 2:45pm, get home around 3:15pm, and hand off the car, at which point I'd leave for work. I'd get home and pass out and then Jason would have to leave for work before I woke up. We didn't see much of each other in January, and I am VERY grateful to be working the same schedule as my husband again.
We hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for the video posts (lol).
Love,
Brittany and Jason
P.S. If you ever decide your 72 hour kit needs some help, we recommend the Dollar Store for your food, water, and gadget needs. We were pleasantly surprised at the variety of stuff the Dollar Store offers. You might need to find a tarp, blankets, and pillows elsewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment