Well, I guess that it's about time I post this on here. This time around has been really weird, because I want to do everything without fanfare, without the hype, without all the questions and things... I just kinda want people to know already. Which I guess makes it seem like I'm not that excited, when the opposite is true. I'm ecstatic, and ready for this new phase in life.
But you might not even know what I'm talking about at this point.
I'm expecting again.
It was a surprise, to say the least. We definitely didn't think I was pregnant (I had taken a pregnancy test in January, and it was negative), but I felt like I was. Mostly I was just exhausted, but LJ was convinced that it wasn't pregnancy, so I went on a mad search trying to figure out what was wrong with me.
Well, turns out I was pregnant. I took another test on March 6, Gabe's birthday, and it was positive. My doctor wasn't able to see me until the 27th of March, at which point we found out I was 14 weeks along. Pretty sweet that I skipped my entire first trimester.
Anyway, my due date is September 25th, and we are so excited. I honestly think it's a girl, but we won't find out until next month. This baby and Gabe will be almost exactly 18 months apart, which I love. Call me crazy, but I'm really really really happy about this surprise.
In other news, graduation is (thankfully) right around the corner. I graduate on April 20th at 5pm with my BA in English, and am just so ready to be done. LJ walks next April with a BA in Chinese and a minor in Business. He'll probably take a class or two in the Spring after he walks, and then we'll be done with the student life and off into the "real"` world for at least a few years.
Gabe's growing like a weed. He's been walking since 11 months, and so at this point, he is ALL OVER THE PLACE. He constantly wants to be outside or reading books, which I simultaneously love and grow very tired of. He is such a good boy though. He understands a lot, and is starting to try to form words. He's picking up animal sounds, too, which is really fun. I'm really excited to just be at home all day, and to not have to split my time and attentions with him and school. Not that I devoted that much to school anyway, if we're being completely honest, but it will just be so good to be completely done and to not have to worry about it.
Well that's about it for us. Love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment