I feel I have somewhat neglected this blog this last month, but there is a lot to tell!
I got to take a surprise trip to Utah in April by hitching a ride with a cousin who was traveling that way anyway. I also drove back with her, and so only got to stay for a few days, but I was grateful for at least a short visit! I am very much looking forward to the Reunion. =D
April is the month of Jason's birthday and our anniversary, so to celebrate both we took a trip to Vegas! We started off the trip with a visit to the Las Vegas Temple, which we'd never been to. After the session we enjoyed a scrumptious meal at Buca Di Beppo and then checked into our room at the Venetian, where we were given 3 free nights (!!!). The weekend was packed, as we were determined to walk the entire Strip and catch all the free shows. We were also able to see The Lion King at Mandalay Bay, which was awesome - the costumes were incredible!!! On the way home (sort of) we decided to visit the Hoover Dam also. For pictures, go to my Facebook album "Our Second Anniversary and Jason's B-Day Celebrations."
This month I finished school until the fall (the community college I am currently attending canceled all the summer classes due to budget cuts) so I have decided to enjoy the time off and sew, sew, sew! I have lots of projects lined up. Here's a picture of the project I just finished (for more detailed pictures see my Facebook album "My Craft Projects"):

I also replanted everything that the snails ate in my garden, and took preventative measures this time. So far everything is growing quite well. The garden includes peppers, onions, tomatoes, herbs (can you tell Jason wants to make more salsa?), squash, zucchini, beans, grapes, and some random kind of berry given to us by a lady in the ward. Jason and I are still working, of course, and Jason's schedule has been a bit nuts this month, but we're grateful for the extra work! I'm up to seven piano students. I also baby-sit on occasion, since I have the time to help.
I guess the only other thing to mention is that we spent Memorial Day in Big Bear garage sailing and enjoying cabin life and games. It was nice to "get away" for a weekend. =)
We Love and Miss You All,
Brittany & Jason
No comments:
Post a Comment