Saturday, June 12, 2010

News from CA

First, may I just say Thank You to whoever figured out how to change the background for this blog. I love Thanksgiving, but that theme was getting old and I couldn't figure out how to update it. =P Second, it was SO wonderful seeing some of the UT Hancocks while visiting for Audrey's graduation/ Isaac's birthday and graduation. We love you all and miss you already! We'll be the last week of July. =D To the Oregon Hancocks and those we didn't see in UT, hopefully we'll see you all sooner than later.

So, about us. Let's see... I finished the semester and passed both my classes (one A, one B - I'll take it! =) and am taking the summer off. I'm enjoying the free time by quilting and watching Star Trek: Next Generation, which I record and watch because a) it's awesome, perhaps excluding Season 1 which is semi-awesome and semi-hoaky (sp???) and b) I used to watch it with my dad and it still makes me happy (awe, the memories, =P). Jason is enjoying having his wife's full attention when we're both home together. Yay for date nights and On Demand nights snuggling on the couch. =) Jason's enjoying his free time playing basketball at the gym (still) and in a league at the recreation center across the street (which he just joined and will be doing for the next two months). He still watches sports, and likes to guess which teams will win and what the final scores will be.

Church is the same, unless I forgot to mention that I am now the ward organist. Yes. I'm glad my mom worked out lessons for me when she saw the opportunity. Work is going well. I'm still mostly enjoying Barnes & Noble, though I enjoyed it more before some very awesome managers left (and now another one is leaving =( .... I'm hoping the replacements will be just as awesome). Jason's done with substitute teaching for now, but is still working at the ice cream warehouse once or twice a week (depending on how many orders need to be shipped out that week) and the flower shop when it's especially busy or someone goes on vacation. Mostly, though, he's working on our newest venture. Our home teacher's wife wants to sell her business and is training Jason (and myself, when my days off at B&N coincide with her work days) to take over. Right now it's mostly Jason's work, but the goal is to have me helping him later on down the road. This job is a HUGE blessing to us, as it will give us more flexibility and allow us to have a family of our own. =) Tithing blessings are real, let me tell you. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for them (and for all the non-tithing blessings too, of course).

That's pretty much it for now. We've enjoyed reading all of your blogs. Aaron, thanks for making me laugh, twice. =) Oh! And may I just say that I very VERY much look forward to the family reunion, and will be thrilled to attend (with husband in tow for the first time, LOL) whenever everyone feels it should be. Grandpa - remind me to write you a check when we're out in July. I haven't forgotten about the reunion dues, I just keep forgetting to get them to you.

We Love You!
Britt and Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment