Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hi Family!

Well, April was a really great month, to say the least.

At the beginning of the month, LJ's family came to Provo. Lana was here for about a week, and LJ's parents were here for general conference and my birthday. General Conference was wonderful, of course, and it was great to spend some time at grandma's and grandpa's house. :) Always so fun.

The following weekend was my birthday, and Maxwell's baptism. It was awesome to celebrate his baptism on the day of my birth. It was so good to see everybody that came out, too. What a special day. After celebrating his baptism, I had to work on a bunch of research papers I had due on the following Monday, but LJ and I escaped in the evening and went to dinner with my parents, his parents and family, and a bunch of my girlfriends. We celebrated with my family on Sunday.

After that, finals were kicking-- and we both made it out alive. Most of my finals were research papers, so I ended up only having 2 finals during finals week. That was really nice. LJ's schedule was a little bit busier. I took my last final on Thursday (April 21st) in the afternoon because it was scheduled, and LJ's last final was scheduled from 7-10 that night. And we left for Hong Kong the next morning.

Hong Kong was absolutely amazing. The flight over there was 15 hours long, which about killed us both off. At about hour 7 I began thinking to myself, "yeah, this is probably just about over..." Needless to say, I was shocked and dismayed when I looked at the location map that told us we were flying over ALASKA. IN HOUR SEVEN. IN THE UNITED STATES. I seriously wanted to die.

But we made it, thanks to Mary Higgins Clark and long naps.

It's hard to describe what it was like being there, but I absolutely loved it. It was so special to meet the people that LJ loved so deeply on his mission, and to see the place where he lived for two years of his life.

Here's a few pics from the trip:


In Macau.
HK temple.

Well, Kowloon Tong. (This is where the temple is... and the mission office. I sent all my letters here.)

Chickens. And meat.

A beach in Cheung Chau.

Eating curry in Cheung Chau
At Big Buddha.

Kate!

Lai Chi Kok Park in Mei Foo.

LJ at the mailbox in Wan Chai where he mailed about 1/2 of my letters.

Dumplings!

On Ladies Street.

Also on Ladies Street.


We have about a thousand pics, but hopefully this gives you a pretty good idea. We love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment