Dear Family, Last summer on one of our get togethers, we had a watermelon for desert that esculated into a watermelon seed spitting contest. Well this summer we saw a plant growing in Mom's herb garden. In the later part of August the plant started to grow melons. Yesterday I picked the first of the melons, it was hugh!! I took it in the house to see how big it was. When I weighed it, it was 22.5 lbs.
That was Dad's contribution to the Blog. Sorry we didn't send anything last month. I was having a hard time figuring out this new-fangled system. We'll see if it works this time. It has been really fun reading the news from Brittany/Jason and Kaylie. I hope more of the grand children will let us know the happenings in their lives. Those of you who haven't blogged yet, get with it!!
Nothing too exciting has been going on with us. We are quite old and boring. It has been fun to have Brittany L in Utah and to be able to spend some time with their family. In August we helped Dona move to her new digs. I hope she writes about her new apartment, and living all by herself. She needed some furniture, so we gave her the chairs that were in our livingroom. It was a good excuse to get some new furniture. (I had been wanting some since we moved in five years ago.)
Jared was in a dance concert in September. If was fun going back to campus and seeing the program. He did really good as usual. I hope all of us get to see him dance before he's finished.
Every week after Cub Scouts we complain about how old we are. The boys are starting to progress, and that makes it worth while. Dad isn't as old as me though. The other day after Scouts he challenged the boys. We had gone about two blocks from the church to pick up garbage for a service project. He said he could beat them back to the church. Only one boy beat him, but he paid for it the next day. That old competitive spirit just comes out.
I helped with the election for Mayor and City Councilmen. It was really sad. Only about 6 percent came out to vote in the primary. I hope all of you take advantage of our freedoms and be good citizens and vote.
We are so excited for Natan and Kaylie. We hope all goes well for them. We love all of you and hope all is well in your lives. We hope to see you soon. Love The Parents & Grandparents
No comments:
Post a Comment