Hey family.
Wow, what a month.
My head seems to be in a perpetual spin motion, barely hanging on to the nape of my neck. Which I guess is probably how everyone feels upon becoming engaged/making big life decisions such as that.
Between Lj getting home, the engagement, wedding planning, school starting, and BEING ENGAGED (which sucks, by the way...) life has just been one big tornado. Not to worry, though, it has been a tornado chock-full of warm-fuzzies. Life is great, regardless of the business of it.
Sooooo, BYU vs. Oklahoma game. I know Zach was longing to be a cougar that night. After the game, Provo pretty much went up in flames. I've never seen Mormon kids party so hard in my life. It was absolutely riotous here. We drove around hanging out of the car windows and sun roof just yelling for probably about a half-hour; and even though there were far too many people smashed into our vehicle, we weren't worried about getting pulled over because all the provo cops were doing crowd control elsewhere. (Like the stadium where, I swear, half of Provo gathered to sing the fight song, mosh, and wait for the team to get in.) Outside of my apartment (The Riv on University and University) there were kids running around shirtless in the streets for hours. It was fantastic. Not that they were shirtless. But yeah.
Lj dislocated his clavicle and tore some ligaments in his shoulder playing football a few days ago. He keeps telling me it was karma's doing, because of his incessant mockery towards Bradford after his injury in the game. Hm.
School is... Urg. It's actually really good-- however, my drive is almost completely lost to do homework. Between work, school, and fiance-- I barely have two minutes to check my facebook at the end of the week. But seriously.
The wedding plans are coming right along-- but that is only thanks to all the people helping me out. (Specifically, my mother.) I bought my dress. I picked it out back in April. And it's awesome.
Nate got his mission call, which is INSANE. I can hardly believe that he's already leaving. I'm so proud of him, though. I am, however, really sad that he'll have to miss the wedding. I guess we'll just have to have two of those sweet, life-size cardboard cutouts. (One for Nate, and one for Lj's brother Trey.)
Basically, life is great, and I'm really, truly happy.
I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment