Monday, July 6, 2009

Blegh, it's technical.

Sorry to ruin the blog with technical mammajamma, but I was just thinking about the set-up, and I have a few suggestions, if that's alright...

It was initially said that everyone can just sign into the blog as its own entity in order to post. However, if you already have a blogger or a google account, you can simply be added to the author list and then post from your own profile and dashboard like your regular blog. I know everyone probably doesn't have a blog OR a google account-- but there are a few positives to being able to post from your own dashboard. Upon every post, there is an explanatory author label (for instance, see the bottom of this post-- it says "posted by kaylie jean.") Maybe that would be less confusing. Also, it is much easier if you already have the account. It'd just be like any other blog.

If you want to add your account to the author list, here's how:
Go to the settings tab
Click on permissions, then add authors
Type in your email address
Log out of "Hancock Herald"
Go to your email, and verify the invite.
Tadaaaa, and you're Hancock Herald Blogging away.

Or, you could just give me your email, and I'll set you as an author.

Anyway, just a suggestion. :)

1 comment: